Monday, May 28, 2007

The BIG Race

Saturday was the big day. My goal was to run the 10km in 70 min, so at a 7min/km. That's really fast for me. I've been averging 7.5 to 7.3 min/km. I didn't quite make my goal, but I'm ok with that. I did it in 72 min!! I'm pretty excited about that!

In terms of WW for the weekend, it was ok. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible. We had chinesse food after the race, I had a little taste of everything, and that's it. I didn't go back for seconds. So that's good. Sunday, I had a serious case of the munchies while dinner was cooking, so instead of having the pizza my roommate offered me, I had an oatmeal square. That was good too. I didn't do too much exercise this weekend, taking it easy becasue of the race. I didn't go to the gym on friday, I ran on saturday, then sunday I did some walking.

Everything is lining up well for this week. I started biking into work today, took me 20 min. I plan on biking in everyday this week, running tonight, wednesday and probably friday. I'm gonna go to the gym on tuesday and wednesday. I'll probably just bike there right after work, save me some time, I won't have to do a warm-up.

As for todays menu, it's looking ok:
B-Banana, honey-nut cheerios(2), milk
S-Watermelon
L-Pork, couscous, colslaw
S-Pear, cheese
D-Probably some pizza, with veggies

AP's-40min bike ride, 3km run

2 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on the race, I just started running a couple of weeks ago, hoping to be able to race next spring :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the race girlie, that is a great accomplishment. :)