Sunday, June 24, 2007

One year to the day...

Since the fire. At 9:30am, June 24th, 2006, our neighboor decided to light multiple fires in the basement of the house right next to mine. I still think about it on a daily basis. I wonder if that will ever go away. This is the sort of thing I would never wish on anybody. Last summer seemed so long, sitting around, waiting to find out what was going on, when I would finally get my house back. A year later, it still scares the daylights out of me I hear the fire alarm go off, even if I know I'm the one that set it off, while cooking. I suspect that feeling will last for quite a long time.

We have been back in for 6 months, things are pretty much done, a few small things here and there, but nothing major. There is still the stress that goes with it. Every so often I will still find something that needs to be fixed or replaced because of the fire. Most recently, the electrical outlets outside don't work.

On the bright side, I finally go the new property evaluation for the house, and it is back up to the same amount it was before the fire. So thats good.

I guess I'm just in a pensive mood today, I suspect it will pass (at least I hope it will).

No comments: