Friday, August 24, 2007

Drag Queens and other stuff

I was at a comdey show at Yuk Yuk's yesterday, the third annual Laugh Out Proud show. It was awsome. One of the comedians came out dressed in drag and I realised how much respect I have for someone like that. Think about it. Think about how much confidence and self-estime you have to have to go out dressd in drag. You are going completely against what society deems to be "normal". I think it's great that they can go out and do that. And to take a phrase from the comic yesterday "You go girl!"

And now on to a slightly more regular post.

I was WAY off plan yesterday. We went out to lunch to celebrate the upcoming wedding of a co-worker. We went to a place called "Le Panacher" in Hull. They server traditional french cuisine. They had and "A La Carte" menu, and only had about 5 different meal options for lunch: Lamb (on the bone), Pork (agian with bone), Fish (which I don't like), Shrimp (which I also don't like) and then a pasta and chicken dish. So I had pasta. It was good, but the whole restaurent was not my thing. They also had unlimited fresh baked bread with herbs in it. Now THAT was awsome! Then for dinner, I was on the run and grabbed some potato wedges from Loblaws. I've been craving them for a while now, and sorta got into the mentality of "Oh well, the day is already bust". But on the bright side, I did go to the gym for an hour.

This weekend is going to be full of challenges. I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and a bridal shower on sunday (two different couples). The wedding shouldn't be too bad. We aren't invited to the dinner, a bunch of us are going out, so at least I can choose something WW friendly. And then I just have to stay away from the boose at the reception, but I have to drive, so I know I won't go too over. As for the shower, it's going to be trickier. I'll make sure to eat something before going, so that I won't be hungry. Then I'll just stay away from the food!

Here's to a great OP weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get how you can be invited to the reception but not the dinner. Seems a bit rude eh?

TinyTrim said...

Best of luck to you for the weekend. I have a wedding to go to on Sunday and there will be food galore!